The following information is provided so that residents may become familiar with the privileges and restrictions of our community. For a complete list of neighborhood covenants and by-laws, please visit the Documents & Forms page.
Membership and Dues
Your dues provide for the maintenance and ongoing operations of the community, including street lights, landscape maintenance of the common areas and public green spaces, upkeep of the community pool and clubhouse, and the maintenance of the fishing ponds. All property owners become members of the Abita Lakes Property Owners Association (ALPOA) upon purchase of their lot.
No property owner is exempt from the ALPOA membership dues assessment, which is currently $200.00 per quarter, per lot. Dues are paid on either an annual or quarterly basis and may be automatically drafted from your bank account. Payments are due on the first day of the first month of the quarter, i.e., January, April, July and October. If they are not received by the 30th day, the property owner will be assessed a late fee. Please feel free to contact GNO Property Management, if you have any questions or need additional information.
Top Ten Reminders
- Modifications - All modifications must be approved by means of an application to the Abita Lakes Architectural Control Committee (ALACC). This includes, but is not limited to, the removal of trees with a diameter exceeding 12 inches and construction of any kind.
- Ponds - Fishing is restricted to residents of Abita Lakes Estates, who are encouraged to follow catch & release practices. Gas powered boats and swimming are prohibited in all ponds.
- Noise - To preserve the serene nature of our community, residents are asked to limit noise to the confines of their property.
- Pets - Keep pets on leashes and remember to pick up after them when walking through the community.
- Parking - Vehicles should be parked in driveways. Overnight street parking is not allowed.
- Traffic Laws - The roads in Abita Lakes Estates are public, patrolled by the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office. Please remember to obey all traffic laws and drive within the posted speed limit of 25 mph.
- ATVs & Golf Carts - ATVs are not allowed on or off road. Golf carts are not allowed off road. Golf carts may be driven by licensed drivers on paved roads if the vehicle is street legal and licensed.
- RVs, Boats, Machinery, Etc. - Storage of trailers, boats, RVs, etc. should be limited to areas not visible from the street. Maintenance of vehicles is not allowed in driveways.
- Garbage - Receptacles may be placed on the street before and after trash pickup. On the in-between pickup days, they should be stored in such a manner that they are not visible from the street.
- Swimming - Use of the community pool is limited to residents of Abita Lakes Estates between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. daily, except for Mondays when the pool is closed. Please see the Rules for the Pool, Clubhouse, and Green Space Use.